The Red, Orange and Green Zone sorting is based on factors such as the digit of novel coronavirus cases, the doubling rate of Covid-19 cases, and the extent of testing and observation. Red Zones have a towering number of cases and a high doubling rate, Orange Zones have moderately fewer cases and Green Zones have not had any cases in the last 21 days.
States governments and union territory administrations are permissible to categorize additional districts as Red or Orange Zones. States and UTs, however, cannot lower the zone cataloging of a district. For example, Green Zones or Orange Zones can be re-classified as Orange Zones or Red Zones, correspondingly. But, Red Zones or Orange Zones cannot be re-classified as Orange Zones or Green Zones, correspondingly.
Taxis and cab aggregators will be acceptable with one driver and two passengers in orange and green zones. The services will stay prohibited in red zones.
The sale of liquor, paan, tobacco has been permitted in all three zones after ensuring least six-feet social distancing with not over 5 people at one time at shop. However, consumption of these items won’t be permissible in public places. Stationary shops in market complexes and big market areas.
Marriage ceremony up to 50 people maintaining social distancing.
Funeral up to 20 people.
Vehicle: Four-wheeler vehicles will have utmost two passengers besides the driver in all three zones. Pillion riding will be permissible on two-wheelers in only orange and green zones.
Bus services: Buses can operate with up to 50 per cent seating capacity. Bus depots can operate with up to 50 per cent capacity in green zone.
Offices: In red zones, private offices can operate with up to 33 per cent strength as per requirement, with the remaining people working from home. All government offices can function with senior officers of the level of Deputy Secretary and above at full strength, and up to one-third of lasting staff.
Domestic help/Other workers: Domestic help (maids) and other local workers can work during the day in all three zones though states are predictable to further clarify the rules in this regard. The other workers consist of technicians, plumbers, mechanics, electricians, safai karamcharis, laundry, press wallahs etc.
Here is what all is permitted in the green zones and what is not:
- All activities are allowed except those prohibited all through the country, irrespective of the zonal division. Buses can function with up to 50 per cent seating capacity . Bus depots can work with up to 50 per cent capacity.
- All goods traffic is allowed. No state/ UT shall stop the movement of cargo for cross land-border trade under treaties with bordering countries.
- No separate pass of any sort is required for such movement. Which is crucial for maintaining the supply chain of goods and services diagonally the country during the lockdown period.
- E-commerce is allowed in non-fundamental items in green zone and also in orange zones.
- Air, rail, sea and metro train services are not permissible. These services are not allowable in any of the zones.
- Sale of liquor has been allowed in all three zones. On the other hand, if the shops are located in malls, marketing complexes and in containment areas, they cannot open.
- “Shops selling liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc. in public places will guarantee minimum six feet distance (2 gaz ki doori) from each other, and also that not more than 5 persons are present at one time at the shop,” reads the government order.
In all zones, person above 65 years, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below 10 years shall stay at home.
- OPDs and medical clinics shall be permitted to operate in red, orange and green zones with all social distancing norms.
- The states/ UTs can allow only choose activities from list of permitted activities and impose extra restrictions based on their assessment of the situation. The key objective, the Centre’s notification says, is to keep the spread of Covid-19 in check.
- School, college, institutions , hospitality services , including hotels and restaurants, place of large gathering , such as cinema halls, malls, gym, sports complex, social, political, cultural . All kind of get-together, religious place/place of worship for public remain closed during lockdown 3.0.
- Movement of trapped foreign nationals, persons free from quarantine, stranded migrant workers and students, pilgrims, tourists. Other such persons is to be facilitated following the Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) issued by Union home ministry.
Summing up with Total coronavirus cases in India are nearing 43,000-mark even as the COVID-19 lockdown 3.0 has started from today. In India, so far there are 29,685 active cases. As many as 11,761 COVID-19 positive have been cured or discharged. Currently, 1389 coronavirus positive patients have died and one has been migrated. As per the details shared by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The lockdown extension has come with more than a few relaxations. On the other hand, the Ministry of Home Affairs mentioned that state governments can lower the number of activities allowed by the Centre in Red Zone, and Orange Zones as said above considering the prevalent situations in those areas.