Instagram Reels is now rolling, How to Create TikTok-Style Videos;
Instagram has just rolled out the Reels element to fill in the gaps post-TikTok Chinese app ban. Twitter users are reacting mad over this.
If you’re missing TikTok? Instagram Reels is here to maintain you entertained and to help you give a free rein to your creativity via short videos. Now that TikTok has been forbidden, Instagram Reels has the chance to become its most popular replacement. We’ve already seen apps made by Indian developers, such as Mitron and Chingari, try to capture the TikTok audience and now the big guns are stepping in. Instagram is owned by Facebook and it already has millions of users in India. With Reels, it could be the largest serious challenger to TikTok.
Instagram Reels vs TikTok on Twitter: Instagram has started rolling out the Reels feature in India. The feature will fundamentally allow users to generate and watch short videos. In simple words, the feature will fill up in the gaps that have been created due to the Chinese app TikTok being banned in India. While TikTokers celebrate as they now have a new platform to work on, Twitter users are using this chance to create memes.
The Facebook-owned huge claims that the idea of the Reels feature was discovered from the fact that most of the videos on Instagram are 15 seconds or less. With the help of the new feature, a lot of popular TikTokers will be able to produce content for their followers.
How to use Instagram Reels?
Instagram has started rolling out the Reels feature for all of us. You should be able to use the feature on your Android or iOS smartphone soon. In order to use it, simply tap on the camera icon on the top leftside corner. Here, you will find the Reels option among the existing ones including Boomerang.
Creating Reels is pretty simple if you follow these steps.
- Go to app and Open Instagram.
- Now tap the camera icon on the top-left.
- At the bottom you’ll see options for example Live, Story, and Reels. Tap Reels.
- Now you can initiate creating Reels on Instagram. The utmost length of any video clip is 15 seconds at the moment. We’ll walk you throughout all the options in the next few steps.
- So now – To record Instagram Reels, tap the big white circle icon. The same one button lets you stop recording too.
- Sooner than you start recording you can attach a few effects via icons on the left side. To alter video recording speed the right arrow icon which looks like the play button. You can record videos in slow motion at up to 0.3x or speed them up to 3x.
- Now-To add effects to your videos, tap the smiley button and take swipe right on the big white circle. This will show you all existing effects and you can pick what you like. The effect icon shows up inside the big white circle and you can tap it to start recording.
- Instagram Reels also allows you to set a three-second timer ahead of recording any clip. Tap thetimer icon on the left and set the duration for your clip (0.1 to 15 seconds) and tap Set Timer. When you create recording, you will see a three-second timer on screen before the video begins
- Lastly, you can also add music to it by tapping the music icon on the left. The greatest part here is that you can see the lyrics on screen and opt any part of the song that you want to use.TikTok allowed you only a specific 30-second clip for each song, but on Instagram Reels you have the liberty to pick your favourite parts of any track. You can add music before recording a video to create lip-sync videos, or you can add it later than recording to give it a cool soundtrack.
Enjoy making, sharing and liking all the new reel feature of instagram.