If you’ve continually got a bank statement or a phone bill as a PDF file, you know that most of these are password protected. This is for the reason that these PDF files hold private and sensitive data that needs password protection for safety. Remembering each single PDF password is a big harass, chiefly if you just want to save these documents to send to your CA to file tax returns. To save them the difficulty you can easily remove password from PDF files. Now you should note that removing password from PDF files require you to know the password first.
Before we go further on let me tell you the methods for removing the password from a PDF file, we would like to point out that these methods are just destined to help you access PDF files in a much more convenient manner.
Google seems to have a thing for PDF files. From converting PDF files to amalgamate multiple PDF files, Google products generally have built-in hold to manage PDF files. And similar to other Google products, Chrome also supports opening PDF files by default. However, did you know Chrome can also remove password from PDF files? Well, I didn’t until last week when I had to remove password from my bank statement to submit it to a company for verification and Adobe Acrobat Reader didn’t help.You can only remove password from PDF file if you previously know the password. With that said, follow this guide as we tell you how to remove password from PDF.
How to remove password from PDF via Google Chrome
Undoubtedly this is the easiest method for removing a password from a PDF file. For this to work all you necessitate is either a PC or a Mac with the Google Chrome browser installed and you’re excellent to go. Just track these steps:
- Open your PDF file on Google Chrome. Doesn’t matter where your PDF file is — be it in your Gmail, Drive or any further third-party non-Google service such as Dropbox, OneDrive etc., just open it in Chrome firstly.
- When you open the file for the first time, you’ll have to unlock it by putting the password.
- After entering the password, your PDF file will be unlocked. Now, give the print command on your computer or your device where this activity is been performs. For Mac users this will be, Command + P; for Windows users this will be, Ctrl + P. On the other hand, you can also click on the Print button which is there in the top-right corner.
- Post this, set the Destination as Save as PDF and click on Save.
- This will locally save the PDF file on your computer, and you’ll now be able to way in without the need to enter the password.
- This process works with other browsers such as Safari, Firefox, Opera, among others.
This is one of the finest ways to remove password from PDF Files and save them to Google Drive using Google Chrome. Now, these files are searchable and are easy to find them.