This rainy season has that special something about it which makes us let ourselves loose and dance in the water. As the raindrops drench our whole body, we get a sense of peace and serenity
With monsoon comes various health and beauty issues; be it your skin, hair or general health, you feel the need to take special care of yourself.
Very Common hair problems in this monsoon:
- Frizzy hair
- Dandruff and itchy scalp, etc
Take Care for Your Hair
It is known that monsoon can root hair damage as the climate is sticky due to too much humidity. This increases the probability of dandruff, hair fall, and other problems too. In fact, your hair is at its weakest situation during this time, and so, your hair needs utmost care.
So, follow the below-mentioned tips to keep your hair problems to a minimum this monsoon.
Keep Your Hair Dry
One of the useful and straightforward hair care tips is to keep your scalp dry during monsoon. Remember that rainwater is dirty and acidic (has a pH of about 5.6) which is very bad for your hair. Use a soft microfiber towel that absorbs water quickly and reduces friction among the hair and the towel, therefore reducing hair fall.
Apply Coconut Oil
Applying coconut oil 15-20 minutes before you shampoo helps in taking care as preconditioning of your hair. A pre-shampoo treatment with coconut oil gives hair greasy form and lessens the water your hair soaks up during washing. It also deals with the scalp problems in men and women.
Have a Proper Diet
Diet plays a important role in keeping your hair healthy. What you eat decides the superiority of your hair. Add protein-rich food like eggs, walnuts, dairy products, and whole grains along with green vegetables to your standard diet as they offer shine to your hair. And berries, nuts, spinach, and sweet potatoes are the one of the finest food for hair growth.
Select a Right Comb
Do not comb your wet hair straight away as it is the weakest then. Choose the right comb (wide-tooth), so it can effortlessly detangle your hair. Make sure the teeth of the comb have enough space in between so that the hair does not split while combing. Also, sharing of combs must be avoided to prevent fungal infections.
Twice a week is shampoo time
- Use a gentle yet deep cleansing shampoo to get rid of any residue on your scalp left behind by rain water.
- It is easy to get frizzy, under nourished hair throughout monsoon and therefore using a good shampoo goes a long way in nourishing your tresses and preventing fungal or bacterial infections.
- Pantene Pro-V Total Damage Care is one such shampoo that will help in protecting your hair all throughout the rainy season.
Avoid the below things-
- Avoid doing different hair styling, just keep hair in simple and loose, not too stretched it with a rubber band.
- Avoid consumption of all refined, processed, sugary, salty food and aerated drinks
- Avoid doing chemical treatments, like permanent straightening of your hair, etc
- Avoid hair dryers and colouring
Monsoon is to grow and glow. Hope above tips help you for hair care, Happy Rains.